The Lost Art and Science of Professional Wrestling
Pulling from real-world science and utilizing real-life stories, the Lost Art and Science of Professional wrestling strives to not only show you the mechanics of thrilling an audience (the science) but how putting psychological ideas into real-life situations (the art) can help you garner a better appreciation of, and develop a greater skill set for, the artful execution of those concepts.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1. Kayfabe is not dead – even though you think it is.
- 2. Three rules in the ring – and only three.
- 3. Know your role – we’re all in this together.
- 4. Psychology in wrestling – the male soap opera.
- 5. Training mechanics – you’re not being taught correctly…or at all.
- 6. Character development – you on steroids (metaphorically).
- 7. Physical development – you on steroids (literally).
- 8. Structuring a match – by not planning out every move.
- 9. How to book a story – just ask one question.
- 10.The crowd – what they want and stop ignoring them.
- 11. How to bleed – and when and why.
- 12. Match Types
- a. Battle Royal
- b. NO DQ
- c. Steel Cage
- d. Texas death match
- e. First blood match
- f. Belt suspended from the ring
- g. Face gets 5 minutes with the heel manager
- h. Ladder Match
- 13. Hardcore wrestling – you actually do need skills.
- 14. Backyard/Modern wrestling – learn to slow down.
- 15. Conclusion – where do we go from here
|Book Title||The Lost Art and Science of Professional Wrestling|
|ISBN||978-0-578-27365-5 (ISBN13: 9780578273655)|
|Book Format||Paperback, 204 Pages|
|Date Published||October 1st 2022|
|Tags||Professional Wrestling Kayfabe Worker Wrestler Heel Face Interview Match Tag Team Skit Referee Manager Valet Announcer Booker Promoter Psychology In-Ring Blading Hardcore WWE WWF Crowd Heat Juice Mindset|